Posted on August 13 2013
1. How do you feel about your season up until now?
Overall I feel pretty good. I set a couple PB’s early in the season and then won USA’s in Des Moines. Since then I have had some disappointing races but the primary focus has been on Moscow all year.
2. How has training been going since we saw you last in London?
Training has been going great. I've got some good rest leading up to Moscow and managed to get a couple great workouts in that have indicated I'm in great shape.
3. You have finished 3rd and 4th in the last two major championships, what are your expectations of yourself in Moscow?
I've always entered these championship meets taking it one round at a time and everyone knows once you get into the final, anything can happen. I have a goal of at least repeating what I did in 2011 at Worlds or better.
4. You have been through rounds and finished well two straight years, what is your key to getting through the rounds and into the final in one piece?
Like I said earlier, just focusing on one round at a time and not getting too far ahead of yourself.
5. The Champs have been going on for 4 full days and you haven't competed, is it hard to sit back and wait while everyone else is competing?
It is. I'm definitely anxious to get started but having seen all the success my teammates have had so far definitely boosts my confidence going into my races. I can’t wait to get out there tomorrow and compete.